Quantcast

Fashions thunderbolt_day1_vanweelden19_1024_1200x

Published on November 14th, 2016 | by Greg

0

Thunderbolt Baseline Modal Marly Henley: Living Comfortably

It’s definitely long sleeve weather- and the season for wool. After all, nothing says ‘winter is coming’ like putting on layers and preparing properly for the variety of conditions you’re likely to fit. One minute, it’ll be snowing and windy and the next you’ll be in a shop or a car or a subway train and need to avoid overheating. Plus, whether you’re trying to keep jogging or simply want something comfortable to wear on the plane, it’s important to dress appropriately.

The Thunderbolt Baseline Men’s Modal Marly Henley is the perfect addition to your wardrobe as temperatures drop. A blend of 60% Merino Wool and 40% Modal, this piece is well-made with fabric that was nicely stitched, knitted, dyed and finished in Australia. But the design and sewing were done right here in the USA, and you can feel the difference. Merino wool has quite a few benefits like breathability and odor resistance- plus it’s softer too.

You might not be familiar with the company, but Thunderbolt Sportswear was founded in 2010 in Portland, Oregon and offers a pretty wide lineup of outerwear including socks and even jeans. We liked the heather grey color, and if you’re a fan, there are similar light-weight short and long-sleeved t-shirt versions. The addition of modal to this one (a type of rayon) adds more flexibility and durability, plus reduces some of the itchiness that wool can often bring.

Over the past month or so, it’s held up well to repeat wears and washing, and the snaps add some ventilation, plus they are really easy to undo (and reclasp). Available now, online directly, the Thunderbolt Baseline Men’s Modal Marly Henley runs about $110, an easy gift or purchase for yourself this season.

Tags: , , ,

About the Author

Greg dreamed up the idea for the Truly Network while living in Hawaii, which began with a single site called TrulyObscure. In 2010, when advertisers and readers were requesting coverage beyond the scope of that site, TrulyNet was launched, reaching a broader audience over a variety of niche sites. Formerly the head technology correspondent for the Des Moines Register at age 16, he has since lived and worked in five states and two countries, helping a list of organizations and companies that includes the United States Census Bureau, TripAdvisor, Events Photo Group, Berlitz, and Computer Geeks. He also served as the Content Strategy Manager for HearPlanet, a multi-platform app that has reached over a million users and has been featured in the New York Times, Hemispheres Magazine, National Geographic Adventure, Fox Business News, PC Magazine, and even Apple’s own iPhone ads. Greg has written as a restaurant critic and feature journalist for a number of national and international publications, including City Weekend Magazine, Red Egg Magazine, the Newton Daily News, Capital Change Magazine, and an arm of China Daily, Beijing Weekend. In addition, he has served as a consulting editor for the Foreign Language Press of Beijing, as well as a writer and editor for the George Washington University Hatchet, the school newspaper of his alma mater. Originally from Iowa, Greg is currently living in the West Village of Manhattan.

Back to Top ↑